Module: News & Events
News & Events is useful for any organization that has events happening that you want to display to your website visitors.
Using @ Variables
Getting your events displayed is easy to do. Out of the box there is an @NEWSANDEVENTSLIST@ that you can put on a page and all the active events will be displayed. That though is only the beginning of what is capable. Below are all of the options that are available to you. These are added after the @NEWSANDEVENTSLIST____@ and end with the @ symbol.
Before any variables after the main item (e.g., @NEWSANDEVENTS you can add a keyword; HOME, EVENTS, etc.). This word after can allow for creating unique "templates" for displaying data. See Template Creation below for how to create unique templates.
Note: Remember that everything between the @ symbols must be all UPPERCASE with no spaces.
- |TOP:__ - where __ is a number from 1 to 65535 (no commas should be used). If this isn't specified then every event that fits the criteria is shown.
- |CATEGORY:__ - where __ is the name of the category you wish to show.
- Note: If your category has a " " (space) in the name you can use %20 in place of a space (e.g., "My Event" would be "MY%20EVENT" ).
- |MINAGEDAYS:__ - where __ is a number from 1 to 65535 (no commas should be used).
- |MAXAGEDAYS:__ - where __ is a number from 1 to 65535 (no commas should be used).
- |SORT:__ - where __ is the sort order.
- DESCRIPTIONSHORT - The News & Event title
- CATEGORYNAME - The category name
- CITY - The City the News & Event City
- CREATEDDATE - The date the News & Event was created
- MODIFIEDDATE - The date the News & Event was last modified
- NEWSEVENTDATESTART - The start date of the News & Event
- NEWSEVENTDATEEND - The end date of the News & Event
- LOCATIONNAME - The location name of the News & Event
- POSTALCODE - The Postal Code of the News & Event
- STATE - The State of the News & Event
- You can append the following after the variables
- %20ASC for ascending (the default). This isn't needed unless you wish to include it. The system will automatically default to ascending.
- %20DESC for descending.
Template Creation (Creating New Views)
Certain variables are available to facilitate displaying information. The available values for News & Events are:
- #NEWSEVENTTYPE# - The name of the event type for the event.
- #DESCRIPTIONSHORT# - The event title.
- #DESCRIPTIONSMALL# - The short (small) description of the event.
- #DESCRIPTIONLONG# - The full (long) description of the event.
- #NEWSANDEVENTSIMAGE# - The image, if any, that is associated with the event.
- #NEWSANDEVENTSOURCE# - The source of the event information.
- #VIDEODETAILS# - Complete video details.
- #VIDEOTYPE# - The event video type.
- #VIDEOURL# - The event video URL.
- #VIDEODATE__# - The event video date. See __ below for the date information displaying.
- #LOCATIONDETAILS# - The location details.
- #LOCATIONNAME# - The location name.
- #ADDRESS1# - The location address (line 1 of 2).
- #ADDRESS2# - The location address (line 2 of 2).
- #CITY# - The event city.
- #STATE# - The event state.
- #POSTALCODE# - The event postal code.
- #PHONENUMBER# - The event phone number.
- #LOCATIONURL# - The event venue URL.
- #CATEGORYNAME# - The event category.
- #NEWSEVENTDATESTARTEND__# - The event start/end date. See __ below for the date information displaying.
- #NEWSEVENTDATESTART__# - The event start date. See __ below for the date information displaying.
- #NEWSEVENTDATEEND__# - The event end date. See __ below for the date information displaying.
- #NEWSEVENTDATE__# - The event date. See __ below for the date information displaying.
- #CREATEDDATE__# - The date the event was originally created. See __ below for the date information displaying.
- #MODIFIEDDATE__# - The date the event was last modified. See __ below for the date information displaying.
- #ODDEVEN# - Alternates the row color between white and off white class variables.
- #CATEGORYIDENTIFIER # - The category unique identifier.
- #IDENTIFIER # - The event unique identifier.
All of the date fields have the ability to be formatted in specific manners. To see the KB article on events click here to see KB Article KB00158.