GoDaddy Transfer Update Information
Now that your domain has been transferred into GoDaddy the following steps should be done to make certain that everything is setup for your organization.
Updating Your Contact Information
- In your Domains list click on Manage for the domain you wish to update.
- In the Contact Information there will be a button to the right labeled Edit. Click on that button.
- To keep things simple you can leave checked Use for all contact types.
- If you know you have a different person doing the billing then we recommend unchecking this and setting the billing information up.
- The other main reason for unchecking is for the technical contact who is typically your IT department or Webmaster.
- Fill in all of the information as completely as possible.
- At the bottom click on Save to save your changes.
Updating Your Payment Information
This is by far the most important area as it makes certain your domain is renewed each year (or the interval you've chosen). Make certain to keep track of the credit card, checking account, or PayPal, account you are using and any expiration dates. 90-days before the renewal you will start receiving reminders of the upcoming renewal.
- In the top right click on your username (or email address).
- Click on Renewals & Billing.
- Check the box next to each of your domains.
- Click on Update Payment.
- Click on New Payment Method.
- Fill in all of your contact information and click Save.
- Enter in your credit card, checking account, or PayPal information.
- Click on Save to save your changes.