Configure Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync for the Apple iPhone
To set up your iPhone to access Exchange ActiveSync, follow these steps:
- On your iPhone's home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Complete the following required fields:
- Email (your full email address)
- Domain name
- Username (with @domainname.com)
- Description (Optional)
- Tap Next and then tap Save. Complete step 10 of these setup instructions.
- After step 10, edit the account you just added.
- Tap Account Info.
Question: How do you set the "Display Name" (from) to show the name instead of the email address on iPhone?
This is a limitation of how Exchange ActiveSync is implemented in iOS. By default, iOS takes the email address and uses that. There's no way to modify it presently so that a friendlier display name shows on an iOS device.