Evergreen content can drive visitors to your website weeks, months, even years after it’s been created. Evergreen content is content that can and does stand the test of time. When your content is able to last you will gain more visitors to your website. Many of the blogs we have written a year or more ago are still to this day some of our most viewed articles. When we see this in our site statistics we know we have some great evergreen content. In today’s article we will cover what evergreen content is, what we have found out over the years makes ever green content, and how you too can have this type of content.
What is evergreen content?
Evergreen content is that which is still interesting and relevant weeks, months or even years after its initial publish date. The information is not dated like current news. The information continues to deliver value to your readers who often come back multiple times to read it. You generate leads, social shares, and takes up valuable information on the search engines to make your website stand out more than your competitors.
How evergreen content affects your search rankings
When it comes to the search engines they want great content. Content afte3r all is called “King” on the internet. When you create evergreen content that content is valuable, important, informative, and provides a value to your visitors. This makes evergreen content extremely valuable as the information you are providing is not just quick information but something that lasts.
What makes up evergreen content?
When it comes to evergreen content what we’ve found is the following items help make it happen for our clients.
- Designed for the website visitor – The content you produce needs to be created for your audience. It needs to have any personal agendas left out of it. If you provide quality content people will want to contact, you rather than trying to force them to give you their information.
- Quality – The content needs to be well thought through and have a definite purpose.
- Aligns with your company pillars - When writing content, you should write about what your company is about. Don’t copy your competition as the search engines will see over time you are the follower and not the leader. When you create content that lasts and provides value you need to be the lead in your industry and not the follower.
- A catchy headline – You want to catch your audience’s attention. You can do this by coming up with a title that sparks interest by your audience.
- Age doesn’t matter – As you write your content try to leave off dates and make your information ageless when writing it.
- Memorable – When you are writing content make it memorable that people can remember it. Stories are always a great place to start to make what you write memorable.
- SEO – As we talked about how evergreen content can improve your rankings you should think of search engine optimization (SEO) as part of the content process. You’ll also notice we put it AFTER everything else. This is because those items need to happen before you rank well.
How can I get evergreen content?
If you’ve read any of our blog articles you will know that we have a love for writing and helping others with their current business problems when it comes to marketing their business online. First there is no magic secret sauce to make evergreen content. What you can do is follow some of the following guidelines:
- Plan – When you are writing your content plan it out, analysis your previous articles and see what is (and isn’t) working. This will help you improve your information to be longer lasting, remove items that will date your content (e.g. dates), and will align with your company standards.
- Targeted – Knowing your audience is key to having people read it. Whether your target audience is a dozen, hundreds, or thousands of people know who they are, what they are looking for, and provide the value they are looking for.
- Areas where evergreen content is often seen:
- “How to” guides and tutorials
- Resource lists
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Industry tips and tricks
When taking content for your website, blog, articles, etc. make certain to plan out what you want to achieve, target it to your audience and focus on what you do best. Don’t copy or imitate others. You are a unique company with your own pillars for success. Use those as your building blocks for success.
Are you busy running your business and focused on making it grow? Let the talented content writers of JM2 Webdesigners in Northwest Indiana work with you to establish your evergreen content online. The team is dedicated to helping your business succeed and grow online. You can reach us at , email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us through our contact form here.